[arch-general] New vi/vim/gvim in testing requires intervention

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed May 6 00:15:03 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 12:20 PM,  <tobias at justdreams.de> wrote:
> the current vi package is actually nvi, the purpose of that was to have a
> smaller package for core that also would not stall any updates of vim/gvim
> while vi sits in testing.
>
> Th vim package is not uglier then it used to be before, actually it's less
> complex now because I don['t have to cater towards three different package
> from the same source that all depend on each otherl. It's down to two
> packages now vim and gvim

:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: vim-bufexplorer: requires vi>=7.0

Can you rebuild anything that depends on the vi version please? This
looks like it really should depend on vim.

-Dan