[arch-general] New vi/vim/gvim in testing requires intervention

André Ramaciotti andre.ramaciotti at gmail.com
Wed May 6 06:54:40 EDT 2009

Hi,

Just a question about this new vi package. Am I the only one having
problems when openning UTF-8 files? I can't even type words with
diacritics or vi will abort. For example, try to create a file with
the following and then open it with the new vi package:

This line will render fine
Mas essa aqui não ("but this one won't" in Portuguese).

I know that config files from Arch don't have diacritics, but I don't
think that putting this vi package in core will be a good idea.

(The new vim package is working fine, though.)