[arch-general] default ~/.config/compiz/compizconfig prevents compiz start with radeonhd

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat May 9 04:28:15 EDT 2009

On Saturday 09 May 2009 03:09:37 David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. wrote:
> Listmates,

<snip>

> 	The problem is with the archlinux default
> ~/.config/compiz/compizconfig/config supplied along with the
> compiz-fusion-kde package. The default is:
>
> [kde_session]
> profile =
>
> 	For some reason this prevents compiz from starting with either the radeon
> or radeonhd driver.

<snip>

	Just fyi, I checked the default config for suse by creating a new user,
starting compiz, and exiting. It is as follows:

[03:21 ecstasy:/srv/www/download/linux/compiz] # cat
compizconfig-suse/compizconfig/Default.ini
[decoration]
as_command = kde-window-decorator --replace

[core]
as_active_plugins =
core;ccp;place;move;resize;decoration;png;wobbly;cube;fade;minimize;rotate;scale;switcher;regex;workarounds;zoom;

	My guess is that "workarounds" is what helped compiz get started with the
default config. (That is only my guess though)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC