[arch-general] New vi/vim/gvim in testing requires intervention

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon May 11 21:50:02 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 2:22 AM, Tobias Kieslich <tobias at justdreams.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Finally, the new vi* packages are up. There will be a little migration
>> pain. For optimal results, I recommend to "sudo rm /usr/bin/{view/rview}"
>> before you run "sudo pacman -Syu"
>
> Any ideas?
>
> dmcgee at galway ~
> $ vim .vimrc
> Error detected while processing /home/dmcgee/.vimrc:
> line   64:
> E185: Cannot find color scheme inkpot
> Press ENTER or type command to continue
>
> dmcgee at galway ~
> $ locate inkpot
> /usr/share/vim/colors/inkpot.vim
>
> For reference, here is some of my .vimrc:
>
> " GUI/NONGUI SETTINGS "
> if has("gui_running")
>        if has("gui_gtk2")
>                set guifont=DejaVu\ Sans\ Mono\ 12
>        endif
>        colorscheme desert
>        set columns=80 lines=40
> else
>        colorscheme inkpot
> endif
>

> And a quick guess, it looks like the new vim package puts its colors here:
> /usr/share/vim/vim72/colors/
>
> Any reason the old /usr/share/vim/ shouldn't be on the default runtimepath?

Addendum: *any* plugins installed do not work, not just colors or
anything else. vim-bufexplorer is broken; vim-taglist is broken, etc.

This is going to leave a lot of people with a crippled setup if we
start moving the default paths around like this. This should not move
out of [testing] until this is resolved in some way.

-Dan