[arch-general] problem while bridging network

Fredrik Eriksson fredrik.eriksson at gigabit.nu
Thu May 14 07:27:56 EDT 2009

>> You can, with some hacking.  However I have yet to successfully make
>> this work with a win 7 VM. For XP in virtualbox, the following should
>> work:
>>
>> 1) Set up the VM, ensuing the 3d accel checkbox is checked
>> 2) Install XP
>> 3) Install the virtualbox guest additions
>> 4) Install wined3d into in windows from here:
>> http://aybabtu.com/rmh/wined3d/
>>
>> After that, you should have fully operational opengl and d3d
>> acceleration in your XP guest machine.  I have used this successfully
>> with audiosurf, other games may or may not work depending on what
>> hardware checks they make and what parts of d3d they use.
>>
>> NOTE: you should disable mouse integration when playing games under
>> this.  The integration features mess up the mouse controls rather
>> badly.
>> NOTE: When wined3d asks you which parts to install, do NOT check the
>> first one, for direct2d.  Doing so will break your XP install.
>> Checking the directx 8, 9 and 10 boxes however are all safe, so far as
>> I can tell.
>>

>> HTH
>> -Aren Olson
>>

>> --
>> "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain."
>> - K. Jackson
>> Ubuntu Linux - www.ubuntu.com
>>

> Huh, this is excellent information, thanks. Probably still slow and
> regular Wine bugginess, but maybe worth trying. I have a friend at
> work who's a serious Eve addict. He might find this very interesting
> also.
>
> Cheers :)

I would actually recommend using Cedega if you're too run Eve: Online.
I've dualboxed the game running nvidia twinview and cedega and it worked
perfectly on my GT6800.
I guess it should work fine with Wine also.

I never experienced any bugginess and it wasn't at all slow :)

Best regards
Fredrik Eriksson