[arch-general] Running setserial from rc.local

Sergi Pons Freixes sachiel at telefonica.net
Fri May 15 14:58:27 EDT 2009

A Dilluns 11 de maig 2009 21:05:06, Aaron Griffin va escriure:
> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Fully qualify your executables- PATH is probably not set.
> >
> > /usr/bin/setserial ...

Done. Still doesn't work. I tried also loading kdm with inittab method instead
of by rc.conf.

> If that doesn't work, I'd suggest a udev rule. It's entirely possible
> the device isn't there when rc.local is run.

I've never done it before, but after reading a bit I created:

/etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules

with the content:

KERNEL=="ttyS0", RUN+="/usr/bin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 port 0x0200 irq 5
autoconfig"

But still doesn't work.

I would like to note that the setserial can be run while X is running (it just
can not be run from "inside" X), so the order of execution is not critical.