[arch-general] hal has lost its mind again.

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon May 18 13:56:07 EDT 2009

On or about Monday 18 May 2009 at approximately 12:42:41 David Rosenstrauch
composed:

> BTW, maybe it's not sufficient to restart hal, since theis isn't
> technically a HAL file, but rather a policy kit file.  So I'd suggest
> logging out and then in again after the change.
>
> HTH,
>
> DR

Well,

	I guess that would be yet another bug in PolicyKit. Per the PolicyKit.conf
man page:

<quote>

Changes to this configuration file are immediately propagated to running
processes using the PolicyKit library. If the configuration file is invalid,
processes using this library will log this fact to the system logger and the
library will only only return no as the answer to processes using it.

</quote>

	Of all the changes I've made, no errors logged so it should be happily
propagating, ... or fornicating, ... or whatever PolicyKit does to my
system  ;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC