[arch-general] Koffice help won't work in kde3 - Any suggestions?

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue May 19 04:05:12 EDT 2009

On or about Tuesday 19 May 2009 at approximately 02:51:09 David C. Rankin,
J.D.,P.E. composed:

> OOOH,
>
> 	This is much worse than I thought. kword will not even open a text file
> without crashing. Where does this bug go? Arch, kdemod or kde?. I seems
> like it should go to Arch because there is something wildly incompatible
> between the koffice build and kde3. Here is the additional kcrash backtract
> from trying to open the text file if that will help sort out where the bug
> should go. Thanks.
>
> 	Also, here is the *contents* of the 1-line txt file kword crashed trying
> to open:
>
> 	2008-03-08a-MERGED.txt
>
> Yes, that is the total 22 byte contents that crashed kmail. And this is a
> RC release???

	Testing on kspread, kpresent and karbon14 went much better. Ironically,
kspread had no problem with the text file that cratered kword. However, there
is another wicked little issue with those apps. For some reason they each
cause flashes and screen artifacts with my laptop and radeonhd driver. I have
been using my laptop near continually for several weeks with arch and the
radeonhd driver and the screen/display was never a freaky (for lack of better
words) as it was with the koffice apps open. I have closed them to compose
this messagee and all is well again.

	Reality rears its ugly head:

	KDE3 + KDE4 Runtime Apps = Nothing but trouble....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC