[arch-general] Building local repo - eliminating dups - why some new x86_64?

Sébastien Duquette ekse.0x at gmail.com
Tue May 19 19:25:27 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another solution is to have all computers using only one  pacman cache
> located on a single computer via nfs. So once a computer has
> downloaded a packages, all the other ones can grab it directly from
> the local network.

I might be wrong but I think pacman is downloading the packages
directly to the cache directory. This might cause problem if the
download starts on one host and is started on another host before the
download is done. pacman will then report the package as corrupted but
doesn't try to redownload it automatically. It won't do any harm but
it can get anoying if you have a large number of systems.

Sébastien