[arch-general] Marking a package as a dependency

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed May 20 03:50:51 EDT 2009

I just recently bothered reading part of pacman's man page and found
that I probably should have performed a `pacman -U --asdeps
mypkg.tar.gz` as I installed dependencies for packages I build
manually.  However I didn't, so can I retro-actively change the
reason-for-installation of an already installed package without
re-installing it?  (No, I couldn't decipher whether the man page
already tells me how to do this :-)

/M