[arch-general] kde dark themes

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Thu May 21 11:10:13 EDT 2009

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. wrote:
> kdeusers,
>
> 	If you haven't tried a dark theme for your kde desktop yet, you are missing
> out on some really cool looks. I toyed with dark themes over the years, but
> never really found one that worked. After being inspired to try again by
> senior Rosenstrauch posted one to the list, I took another look and came up
> with something I really like.
>
> 	It consists of color-themes for kde, emerald, and kate/kwrite. Other than
> that you just need to change the foreground color for konqueror and any of
> your web browsers, etc. I'll just post the links to the themes since you
> can't post it all here. Give it a shot, I bet you will like it.
>
>     Small screenshots of the desktop theme and kicker background:
>
> http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/kde/screenshots/kde-dark-theme.jpg

Looks cool!  Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, dark themes rock.  They're very cool and funky looking - not to
mention easy on the eyes when you're working.

Glad I was able to help you come up with a cool one!

FWIW, BTW, the theme I shared originally started out as a theme I
grabbed from off of kde-looks.  But it's undergone numerous incarnations
over the years since then as I've tweaked it to where it is now.

DR