[arch-general] syslog-ng build error

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Thu May 28 02:53:02 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 21:13 -0300, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
> In any way, I would like to know the opinion of the developers. If you
> continue with the current compilation of syslog-ng (mixed) or move to
> fully shared.

I would say: fully shared.

Doing so would introduce eventlog (108K), glib2 (10336K), pcre (2164K),
gcc-libs (9068K), libcap (185K).

Eventlog, gcc-libs and libcap aren't a problem at all, they're small and
in case of gcc-libs already required on the system.
For glib2, it's "huge", but given the fact that many people have this
thing installed for other purposes anyways, I don't see the problem
here. People with minimal systems could get rid of /usr/include anyways,
which is where the most space is taken in case of glib2.