[arch-general] Fix or not fix? install scriptlets with user handling.

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri May 29 02:20:39 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Attila <attila at invalid.invalid> wrote:

> I'm a little bit surprised that on the one side you think that the user is
> competent enough to recognize that a *.pacnew file have to be merged with his
> config and on the other side you think he/she is too incompetent to recognize
> why the restart of his daemon fails after the update.

The restart of the daemon could fail because the config file has not
been updated yet with the .pacnew one.
It might not be a good idea to restart the daemon automatically
without checking the config first.

In any cases, this is not something that you can control globally. It
has to be handled separately in every install scriptlet of daemon
packages. Also keep that in mind.