[arch-general] Fix or not fix? install scriptlets with user handling.

ludovic coues couesl at gmail.com
Sat May 30 05:28:29 EDT 2009

> For me it's about 'expectations'. I expect a package manager to manage
> packages
> (unpack a new one over the old one in a sensible manner) and don't expect it
> decide what's best for me in terms of what's running or not. I still find it
> 100% better to *let me know* that config might have changed (pacman does
> this
> automatically) and that something might need to be done if, say, I run this
> and
> that daemon. Don't run it for me. And if you absolutely have to, *let me
> know*.
>
> --
>   Jan

Maybe that a PKGBUILD runned solution, could allow to set some
pacman's config for this.
Like a field " auto-restart_daemon = 1", wich you can set to 0, if you
don't want. Same for adding user.

If the field is to 1, pacman manage it by itself, if it's set to 0,
pacman just print warning informing the user that he need to apply
change to the daemon, i.e. restart it.