[arch-general] gcc -m64

Ciprian Dorin, Craciun ciprian.craciun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 17:39:00 EST 2009

    Hello all!

    I have ArchLinux i686 version, but I'm trying to compile an x86_64
kernel... And you've guessed... Not supported by the ArchLinux stock
gcc / binutils...

    I've done the "raining" dance, by trying to compile my own gcc /
binutils, but it didn't "rain" (I mean it didn't work)... Any
pointers?

    Thanks,
    Ciprian.

    P.S.: Is there any good reason for which there isn't even a
separate package of gcc that is able to do this? (I've read the bug
from one year ago, but no good reason was specified...)
    P.P.S.: I'm missing Debian...