[arch-general] Cannot set xattr

André Ramaciotti da Silva andre.ramaciotti at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 14:29:21 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 09:23:11PM +0200, Priit Kivisoo wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 9:14 PM, André Ramaciotti da Silva <
> andre.ramaciotti at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thank you Thomas and Xavier.
> >
> > I just got a little worried though. Is there any reason for user_xattr not
> > being enabled by default?
> >

> I think it's because Arch doesn't use SELinux by default, as it's mostly for
> ACLs.
>
> Priit

I'm sorry, I think I wasn't very clear in my question. It isn't the
default in Arch Linux because it isn't the default upstream, but why it
isn't the default upstream?

My worry is that it's somehow related to dataloss, but I couldn't find any
search result about it, so I'll assume it's secure. In the worst case, I
have my (daily) backups :)

Thank you all.