[arch-general] No sound after hal update

Christopher Daley crdaley at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 12:11:04 EST 2009

Have you tried running pulseaudio as a daemon?  e.g. "/etc/rc.d/pulseaudio
start'
This would likely be a fix for now...

OR
If you're feeling daring, then maybe try out this udev-acl package I just
put up on AUR.  I have no idea if it will work, I just threw it together
with the patch that was provided, and I'm not on an Arch box right now so I
can't test it.  I figured it would be interesting to see if this solved the
problem though.

I think the default way of starting pulse has become dependent on consolekit
& policykit ever since the pulse user was removed.