[arch-general] Frustrated with Crappy looking Firefox and OpenOffice GTK & QT themes?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Nov 13 04:41:35 EST 2009

On Thursday 12 November 2009 01:36:36 and regarding:
> Have you tried the qtcurve unified theme? It's very nice and the GTK theme
> matches the QT theme to just about every detail.

Yes I have and I like it! --- but, kde4 keeps breaking it (or maybe the
configs for enlightenment, lxde, etc...) But I will switch to kde4, openoffice
will be stuck with a black theme and high-contrast icons -- YUK!, then I go
delete the gtk and qt files in ~/ and ~/.config and reset the config and all
is good again -- until the next time :p

Right now I have qt set to oxygen (good dark gray), and I have gtk set to
"NOX" plus a few  tweaks to the highlight and pop-up colors. Looks fantastic.

Also, never having used gnome, I loaded it as well. Shoot, that desktop works
just fine. I don't know what all the bashing was about. I actually worked for
a couple of hours without having to write a single bug report and kde.org.

Imagine that...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC