[arch-general] First install of gnome on Arch, pretty cool... (new artwork this time :-)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Nov 17 02:25:25 EST 2009

Guys,

Looking at the new desktop, I just had to take a screenshot and share. I never
install gnome, but since I had enlightenment installed and a bunch of bits and
pieces of gnome installed --> Why not?

Working with it for a short period of time, I was quite pleased with it.
Compiz works great with it, dark themes work as well. The base install is
really crisp like kde3 was. (but like any desktop, you load it down with
enough bells and whistles it slows down a bit)

Long story short, I created a new cube cap for Arch (since it was pointed out
my first set was of the old logo) and when done, I just had to send the
screenshot in, so:

(82k)
http://www.3111skyline.com/download/ss/arch/archGnomeCompiz.jpg

The Artwork for the caps:
(108k)
http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/compiz/archCaps.png

If you like the artwork, use it at will...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC