[arch-general] archlinuxfr bad virtualbox_bin-3.0.10-1 package

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Nov 18 01:56:24 EST 2009

On Tuesday 17 November 2009 05:50:02 and regarding:
> Am Dienstag 17 November 2009 12:22:35 schrieb tuxce:
> > I'm uploading it right now, thanks for the information.
>
> You know that redistribution of the binary package is not legal? (except
>  you have got the permission from Sun of course)

UUH?

	... and the penalty? Answer: The profits made from the distribution in
violation of the patent, trademark or copyright. The normal profits of 3rd
partry repository maintainer for hosting any type of generally distributed
quasi opensource package (usually $0, nada, gratto...) So in the case of
damages=profits -- you can do the math.

	Of course all just assuming arguendo, because we know the archfr folks have
the permissions they require :p

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC