[arch-general] We need a maintained-by-TU chrome/chromium...

vlad vla at uni-bonn.de
Wed Nov 18 09:16:05 EST 2009

Hello

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 09:48:26PM +0800, Hamo wrote:
> Dear Archlinux users,
> Chrome is likely to be a daily-use web browser and with the Chrome OS
> releasing,it will become more and more reliable.Archlinux is a
> rolling-release distribution and it aims at being bleeding edge.So we
> should have a maintained-by-TU chrome/chromium and it is really
> useful...
Just out of interest, is it really so useful?
Though it's version 4 or 5 it makes a quite unready impression.
Also the speed (not directly the browsing speed) is relative.
Every browser gets lame when you have 30+ tabs opened.
Same for chrome.
Sure, it's a question of diversity. And it has 500 votes in AUR.