[arch-general] We need a maintained-by-TU chrome/chromium...

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Wed Nov 18 09:10:36 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Juan Diego <juantascon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would be happy to maintain that package, but unfortunately Im not a TU
>
> dont you think archlinux should have something similar to ppa from
> ubuntu so that it will be easier to maintain and promote personal
> repositories, aur is a good option but if I would have to choose
> between using a packages from aur or using a package from a personal
> repository from somebody I wouldnt think it twice, I would choose the
> personal repo one.
>
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 08:48, Hamo <hamo.by at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dear Archlinux users,
>>> Chrome is likely to be a daily-use web browser and with the Chrome OS
>>> releasing,it will become more and more reliable.Archlinux is a
>>> rolling-release distribution and it aims at being bleeding edge.So we
>>> should have a maintained-by-TU chrome/chromium and it is really
>>> useful...
>>>
>> If you're interested, I recommend finding a sponsor so that you can apply...
>>
>> There are lots of software projects that would be good to have, but it
>> only makes sense to keep them in the repos if someone is interested in
>> maintaining them.

2 things.

1) You will chose the personal repo, but is not trusted, is under your
risk, with AUR you have the option to see the source of the pkg!,
that's why AUR ;), in the past trusted users had their own repos, then
[community] was created. IMHO, there are repos with chromium packages,
if you want the binary version of them instead the AUR PKGBUILD, then
add those repos under your own risk ;).

2) No top-posting thanks.

--
Angel Velásquez