[arch-general] We need a maintained-by-TU chrome/chromium...

Daniel J Griffiths ghost1227 at archlinux.us
Wed Nov 18 18:01:42 EST 2009

hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:42:40 -0200
> "Guilherme M. Nogueira" <guilherme at nirev.org> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Ionut Biru <biru.ionut at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> now is not the time. chromium doesn't have a stable release yet and
>>> the build process kinda suck. 10gb space for compiling chromium is
>>> something that cannot be forgot :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ionut
>>>

>> WOW! Really?!
>> I had no idea compiling chromium needed that much space.
>>

> One reason why I like Arch:
> It's easy to stay close to upstream, to work with them, and to kick
> butt if necessary.
>
> Regards,
> Philipp

I agree that we should have a TU-maintained build of chrome/chromium,
but as Ionut pointed out the current build process is a little
ridiculous. Once it has stabilized and matured a little bit more I will
be happy to maintain it. My wife uses it religiously so I have a good
incentive to keep it clean and current. :P