[arch-general] kmail spellcheck reporting no errors when there plainly are errors - can someone confirm?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Nov 25 04:43:50 EST 2009

On Monday 23 November 2009 18:05:04 and regarding:
> Just tried here, and it didn't work. Should I have configured
> something before trying?
>
> Also, it complained about not being able to use KWallet to store the
> password. Even
> though I have KWallet installed.

Spell check should be enabled by default as long as you installed a spell
check dictionary (I think you get it by default)

With kwallet. If you're the only user of the box and you have reasonable
security habbits, then I would just turn kwallet off and let kmail and the
rest store the passowrds in their files (they are encrypted, just not to the
extent wallet does). I find wallet to be a complete pain. Even if I set it to
always remember my password, I still get prompted to enter it at the least
expected times. I tried to live with it on this latest install, but that
relationship ended in divorce ;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC