[arch-general] php not working - Was: Web_application_package_guidelines wiki page

Jozsef jozefk at gmx.com
Mon Oct 5 09:43:14 EDT 2009

On 5 Oct 2009 at 14:18, David Houston wrote:

> > I like that it is bleeding edge but still it's not testing version.
> > What is the function of Arch distro? For fun?
> >

> Your kidding right? KISS.... I think that Arch functions really well at
> being bleeding edge and stable.. further more.... your using aur. Not that
> there is anything wrong with that but things break from time to time, I
> would of put this down for a reason to distro hop.
>

> > Will google for Rock Stable Arch. Thanks.
> >

> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Enhancing_Arch_Linux_Stability
>

> > Was thiking about PC-BSD.
> >

> Thats a toy!

Yes Arch functions great! But why I need always to fix something
after Syu? It's just annoying. Really. As I said once before, I'm not
a programmer or linux developer. I just need an OS which is working
and it's stable. Nice, good.
What I want to say is: Arch is bleading edge but there is a testing
version as well right? So if I run testing version I can expect
things not working, goes wrong and so on. Of course, with regular
release I can expect the same, but not after each Syu, right?

I'm using AUR and never had an issue with apps from AUR.

Thanks for that link. Very useful. I got an idea to remove PHP
completelly and to start over. Maybe it would work that way. I don't
know. But I really had an issue with badly synced mirror. So, each
time before Syu I need to update my mirrorlist as well :P

What's wrong with PC-BSD? It's based on FreeBSD which is very good OS
in my opinion. NetBSD is also great, but for servers.