[arch-general] package sources on ftp.archlinux.org

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Tue Oct 6 10:19:43 EDT 2009

Aaron Griffin a écrit :
> 2009/10/5 Sergej Pupykin <pupykin.s at gmail.com>:
>
>> Btw, if someone interested in, here is the list of packages which failed
>> last time:

<snip>
>> texlive-bibtexextra
>> texlive-bibtexextra-doc
>> texlive-core
>> texlive-core-doc
>> texlive-fontsextra-doc
>> texlive-formatsextra-doc
>> texlive-games-doc
>> texlive-genericextra-doc
>> texlive-htmlxml-doc
>> texlive-humanities-doc
>> texlive-langcjk-doc
>> texlive-langcyrillic-doc
>> texlive-langextra-doc
>> texlive-langgreek-doc
>> texlive-latex3-doc
>> texlive-latexextra-doc
>> texlive-music-doc
>> texlive-pictures-doc
>> texlive-plainextra-doc
>> texlive-pstricks-doc
>> texlive-publishers-doc
>> texlive-science-doc
>> thunderbird-spell-i18n

<snip>

> These are PKGBUILD errors. Additionally, it looks like someone has

someone = me :)
see further below

> removed old verisons as only the latest seem to exist here:
> ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/texlive/
>
> Please take this up with the individual maintainers or file a bug
> report or something

I don't know about the texlive-*-doc packages from community, which are
maintained by Stefan Hussman. Feel free to ask him directly or to file a
bug report.

In the case of the texlive packages in extra, I always upload the
sources to ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/texlive/ and usually leave the
source tarball for at least the last two versions. It does happen that I
forget, however, and Eric usually reminds me quickly ;)

I think keeping the tarballs for the last two versions is sane,  but if
someone thinks otherwise, I can leave them available for a longer
period. Opinion on this?

Now, more spefically:
* texlive-core : sources are up-to-date, so probably your ABS tree was
not in sync.
* texlive-bibtexextra : the latest source tarball was indeed missing,
fixed now!

Thanks, F