[arch-general] package sources on ftp.archlinux.org

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 11:03:45 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:
> Aaron Griffin a écrit :
>> 2009/10/5 Sergej Pupykin <pupykin.s at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Btw, if someone interested in, here is the list of packages which failed
>>> last time:
>>>
> <snip>
>>> texlive-bibtexextra
>>> texlive-bibtexextra-doc
>>> texlive-core
>>> texlive-core-doc
>>> texlive-fontsextra-doc
>>> texlive-formatsextra-doc
>>> texlive-games-doc
>>> texlive-genericextra-doc
>>> texlive-htmlxml-doc
>>> texlive-humanities-doc
>>> texlive-langcjk-doc
>>> texlive-langcyrillic-doc
>>> texlive-langextra-doc
>>> texlive-langgreek-doc
>>> texlive-latex3-doc
>>> texlive-latexextra-doc
>>> texlive-music-doc
>>> texlive-pictures-doc
>>> texlive-plainextra-doc
>>> texlive-pstricks-doc
>>> texlive-publishers-doc
>>> texlive-science-doc
>>> thunderbird-spell-i18n
>>>
> <snip>
>
>> These are PKGBUILD errors. Additionally, it looks like someone has
>>
> someone = me :)
> see further below
>
>> removed old verisons as only the latest seem to exist here:
>> ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/texlive/
>>
>> Please take this up with the individual maintainers or file a bug
>> report or something
>>

> I don't know about the texlive-*-doc packages from community, which are
> maintained by Stefan Hussman. Feel free to ask him directly or to file a
> bug report.
>
> In the case of the texlive packages in extra, I always upload the
> sources to ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/texlive/ and usually leave the
> source tarball for at least the last two versions. It does happen that I
> forget, however, and Eric usually reminds me quickly ;)
>
> I think keeping the tarballs for the last two versions is sane,  but if
> someone thinks otherwise, I can leave them available for a longer
> period. Opinion on this?
>
> Now, more spefically:
> * texlive-core : sources are up-to-date, so probably your ABS tree was
> not in sync.
> * texlive-bibtexextra : the latest source tarball was indeed missing,
> fixed now!

It's also possible that the -doc packages are farther behind, and
sources have been removed for those simply because they're not up to
speed with the official texlive packages