[arch-general] package sources on ftp.archlinux.org

Stefan Husmann stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Tue Oct 6 12:03:25 EDT 2009

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Aaron Griffin a écrit :

>> <snip>
>>>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> These are PKGBUILD errors. Additionally, it looks like someone has
>>>
>> someone = me :)
>> see further below
>>
>>> removed old verisons as only the latest seem to exist here:
>>> ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/texlive/
>>>
>>> Please take this up with the individual maintainers or file a bug
>>> report or something
>>>

>> I don't know about the texlive-*-doc packages from community, which are
>> maintained by Stefan Hussman. Feel free to ask him directly or to file a
>> bug report.
>>
>> In the case of the texlive packages in extra, I always upload the
>> sources to ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/texlive/ and usually leave the
>> source tarball for at least the last two versions. It does happen that I
>> forget, however, and Eric usually reminds me quickly ;)
>>
>> I think keeping the tarballs for the last two versions is sane,  but if
>> someone thinks otherwise, I can leave them available for a longer
>> period. Opinion on this?
>>
>> Now, more spefically:
>> * texlive-core : sources are up-to-date, so probably your ABS tree was
>> not in sync.
>> * texlive-bibtexextra : the latest source tarball was indeed missing,
>> fixed now!
>
> It's also possible that the -doc packages are farther behind, and
> sources have been removed for those simply because they're not up to
> speed with the official texlive packages

Hello,

the -doc packages are far behind because I did not manage to build them correctly,
i.e to download the doc packages in a similar way Firmicus does for the normal
packages. I did not upload the zip-files to ftp.archlinux.org because I do not
see a reason for doing so and the packages are quite big. No user probably wants
to update a the packages that way or will be able to do so.

Regards Stefan Husmann