[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.31.2-1

Uli Armbruster uli.armbruster at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 7 17:56:32 EDT 2009

Ok, I got it now. Putting radeon into MODULES in mkinitcpio.conf wasn't enough, I had to put intel_agp in there as well. Now it works this way.

But there's still something to discuss:
When my mkinitcpio.conf looks like this

MODULES="intel_agp radeon"
BINARIES=""
HOOKS="base udev autodetect pata filesystems"

udev uevents takes about 3700ms at boottime. But as soon as I add

FILES="/etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf"

with a

options radeon modeset=1

in the modprobe.conf, it takes only about 800ms.

I guess if we get enough input from many testers, it might be ok to activate kms for radeon by default. Those guys, who have problems, might consider trying it again with this stuff I found out, maybe that solves your problems too.

army