[arch-general] [SOLVED] php not working - Was: Web_application_package_guidelines wiki page

Jozsef jozefk at gmx.com
Thu Oct 8 02:48:57 EDT 2009

On 8 Oct 2009 at 14:04, Juan Diego wrote:

> once you understand that the ones behind archlinux development are
> human beings and that as human beings they can make mistakes makes you
> be prepared for unexpected results after updates, thats the price you
> have to pay for having a bleeding edge distribution.
>
> as simple as this, with a bleeding edge distribution you have to deal
> with possible packaging errors but with "stable" distributions you
> have to deal with outdated software.
>
> what I do is: I dont update archlinux on my laptop unless I have some
> free time, and also I dont update my server unless I had updated my
> laptop and checked that everything is working fine.

Yeah, that's Arch.
It is a hard decision to choose between bleeding edge software with
some errors and outdated software with stability.

Time is the factor. A year ago, or so, I used Debian and by that time
I had much more time then today so I start trying other distributions
because I wasn't satisfied with outdated software.

No time - no update. That's a good advise!
And I love the link
(http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Enhancing_Arch_Linux_Stability)
I got from David!

Thanks.