[arch-general] Arch Linux installation only with pacman

Ciprian Dorin, Craciun ciprian.craciun at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 17:16:59 EDT 2009

    Hello all!

    I remember looking at the installation script about one year ago,
and all it had done (to install the base packages), was to use pacman.
Now if I try to use the same procedure now (or what I remember from
it), I get a lot of errors from the install hooks (script-lets). I've
tried to install them once without by disabling scriptlets, and then
once more by using them, but the errors are still there.

    So my question is: how can I install Arch Linux now, by having
only a static built pacman? (I want to use this for an automated
installation procedure for virtual machines.) (I think I've tried the
procedure on the Wiki page with the same outcome.)

    Thanks,
    Ciprian Craciun.

    P.S.: Maybe it's Ok to have those scriptlet errors?