[arch-general] X fails to start with intel card after latestkernel update

Dario carotinobg at yahoo.it
Fri Oct 16 20:30:51 EDT 2009

Hi!

In data venerdì 16 ottobre 2009 23:20:45, Damjan Georgievski ha scritto:
> Does you KDE work if you try to log in as a new clean user?

I'd also try to use another login manager, if you haven't tried this way yet,
trying another desktop environment and trying to use the standard vesa driver
in your xorg.conf (I think vesa will run on every video card, isn't it?).

My odd bug related to xorg resetting (with no error) when pressing Enter was
related to KDM, and the next kde-something update resolved it. Ok, maybe it's
not related, but who knows?:)

ciao!

Dario