[arch-general] OpenOffice Calc - Setting Cell Background Color does Not Display on Screen - prints OK [SOLVED]

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 10:15:54 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-17 at 09:04 -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On Friday 16 October 2009 11:22:44 pm Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> >
> > Please don't top-post. Anyhow, to the OP, are you using a dark theme of
> >  some sort? Openoffice has problems with not showing the correct colours if
> >  you're using some sort of non-default (Gnome) theme.
> >

> Ng,
>
> 	I bet you are 100% correct! Brilliant.
>
> http://www.3111skyline.com/download/screenshots/archlinux/my-kde-dark-
> theme-800.jpg
>
> My theme is based on Obsidian Coast. Switching back to the default theme cures
> the problem. You would think Sun could accommodate something as simple as
> themed color schemes.
>
> http://www.3111skyline.com/download/screenshots/archlinux/oo-row-color-ok-
> light-theme.jpg
>
> Thanks Ng -- mystery solved.
>
> Arch folks, that nasty little intel graphics problem isn't also the result of
> a dark theme is it ?:)

Well, its cos I use a dark colour scheme and have the same symptoms.
Take a look in the AUR at openoffice-dark-gtk-fix and
go-openoffice-dark-gtk-fix, pretty simple scripts which will fix the
issue without you having to change your theme (basically start the
openoffice up with a certain theme, whatever your current theme is).