[arch-general] X fails to start with intel card after latest kernel update

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Oct 17 16:00:33 EDT 2009

On Saturday 17 October 2009 11:41:31 am pascal wrote:
> Le Sat, 17 Oct 2009 09:13:34 -0500
>
> "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> a écrit:
> > Sure, the whole log is here:
> >
> > http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/supersff/pacman.log.bz
> >2
> >
> > I have put all the files related to the bug in that directory:
> >
> > http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/supersff/
>
> The thing is your pacman log stops at 2009.10.09 and there's no information
> related to the xorg (and intel drivers) upgrade. It might not be related
>  but who knows...

AARGH! Got it now :-)

pascal, I created an entire new directory for today and put new copies of all
the files there. I also created a bzipped tar archive containing all the files
for convenient download. The directory contents is:

1017-Xcrash-files.tar.bz2
daemon.log
dmesg-2009-10-17.txt
errors.log
everything.log
kdm.log
lspci-2009-10-17.txt
menu.lst
mkinitcpio.conf
pacman.log
rc.conf
Xorg.0.log
Xorg.0.log.old
Xorg.1.log

The archive containing all the files is 1017-Xcrash-files.tar.bz2 (~98k). The
URLS are:

Directory:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/supersff/1017/

Archive:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/supersff/1017/1017-Xcrash-
files.tar.bz2

Past Files:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/supersff/

Also, there was a suggestion with regard to the ticket to try and start X
another way without the kde greeter. I'll work on just trying to start openbox
and see if I can get that going. If you can think of another test or two for
me to run, just let me know. My goal is to figure this thing out today (hope
springs eternal...)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC