[arch-general] X dead with intel video - what provides module "fbcon"

Dario carotinobg at yahoo.it
Sat Oct 17 20:33:56 EDT 2009

Ciao

In data domenica 18 ottobre 2009 00:54:16, David C. Rankin ha scritto:
> > Well, I'm not an Arch kernel guru, but I guess you mean adding fbcon to
> >  the  MODULES="" line in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf so it would read:

[SNIP]

> ERROR: module 'fbcon' not found

You have to reconfigure the kernel, then recompile it, and finally run
mkinitcpio. Configuring the kernel is not such an hard task (I used to do it
at every update on my previous Slackware box), besides, I think that you can
keep everything as it is now in the standard arch configuration except, as
someone else said, activating, somewhere in the kernel configuration, fbcon as
a module. Then you can run the X server and telling us about the next fatal
error:)

ciao!