[arch-general] kwrite: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 ??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Oct 18 00:08:41 EDT 2009

Guys,

New strange error while I troubleshoot the dead X intel card issue. As
mentioned, I have managed to get twm and openbox running in vncserver on the
box with the intel card. kde4 apps will run, but look terrible due to the
difference in color-depth, etc., so I was trying to get kde3/kate or kwrite
running. I have always been able to run the kde3 apps from both twm and
openbox before, but now I get the following error:

/opt/kde/bin/kwrite: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3:
wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

same error with kate, and just about any other kde3 app. Any way to fix this?

I like vim, but I admit, I am a bit quicker with multiple kate/kwrite windows
at my disposal.

I don't think this would be related to the X problem, but... could it be?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC