[arch-general] enlightenment e-svn (e17) segfaults with standard setup, OK with minimalist (battery module)

Santhosh Joseph josephatwork at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 06:54:11 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 2:26 PM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> Devs,
>
>        I don't know if I should bug this since it is a svn package, but enlightenment (the e-svn package) segfaults and cannot recover if you choose the standard setup. It goes through the initial setup screens OK, but as soon as it tries to start, it segfaults and cannot be recovered.

Hi David,

I've been experimenting with E17(from the repo) + ecomorph (AUR) for
the last couple of days, I've never had E17 segfault.   So, I doubt
its e17 itself, sure e17 is still in development phase, but afaik, it
doesn't crash as often as you say.

Try creating a test user and login and see if it segfaults, also, try
unloading some modules and enable one after the other to see if any
particular module is causing this, some like bling has troubled me in
the past.

Cheers!
Joseph