[arch-general] enlightenment e-svn (e17) segfaults with standard setup, OK with minimalist (battery module)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Oct 21 03:34:11 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 20 October 2009 12:05:10 pm David C. Rankin wrote:

> > Hi David,
> >
> > I've been experimenting with E17(from the repo) + ecomorph (AUR) for
> > the last couple of days, I've never had E17 segfault.   So, I doubt
> > its e17 itself, sure e17 is still in development phase, but afaik, it
> > doesn't crash as often as you say.
> >
> > Try creating a test user and login and see if it segfaults, also, try
> > unloading some modules and enable one after the other to see if any
> > particular module is causing this, some like bling has troubled me in
> > the past.
> >
> > Cheers!
> > Joseph

Just a follow up to the list. I did an additional e17 install to a desktop box
using the standard install and it worked fine. So the issue has to be with the
battery module and my toshiba 205d laptop. One more little issue to chase.

On the plus side, e17 is one helluva a good looking desktop (especially with
the dark a-sblack-esp1 theme -- Wow!) Screenshot showing e17 running via
vncviewer from my Arch server (it is light weight enough to be a great remote
dt):

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/screenshots/archlinux/e-17-a-sblack-
esp1.jpg

--