[arch-general] Why does kde4 over vnc look bad if host is Arch, looks fine if suse?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Oct 22 00:14:02 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 09:56:29 pm Byron Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 09:50:53PM -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
> > You are 100% correct, suse had RENDER enable, arch doesn't. How do I
> > enable RENDER on Arch?
>
> You'll need a vnc server that supports the RENDER extension.
> xf4vnc-xvnc should work.

Hmm, it conflicts with tightvnc on Arch. Can't I just rebuilt tightvnc with
RENDER enabled? Evidently it is build with RENDER on suse, so I guess it
should be possible. The reason being, I kind of like to keep the utilities the
same across all the boxes I have (save mental storage space).

I'll give it a shot, if it doesn't work for some reason, I'll see about
building tightvnc with RENDER enabled.

Thanks for you help tonight!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.