[arch-general] [*] We have lost the desktop war. The reason? Windows 7.

Otávio Módolo tamodolo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 09:41:52 EDT 2009

if the problem is only the grafical interface, gnome can be changed to the
limit. you can make him far better than any win using compiz, some apps for
cairo and others.

2009/10/26 ppk <ppk at matrix.iitk.ac.in>

> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 11:57:59AM +0100, RedShift wrote:
>
> > This thread will probably erupt in a massive flamewar, yet I decided
> > to post my story anyway. I am talking about the desktop experience
> > in general, not the technical details behind it. Keep that in mind.
>

> > I've been working these past few months with KDE 4.3 and it feels
> > very sluggish and incomplete.
>
> [snip]
>
> > back in. WOOOOOF, everything is fast again. Opening new windows is
> > instantaneous, hell even bringing up context menus is faster. If
> > Linux is that much better, why does the current Linux desktop (KDE
> > 4.3) still suck compared to an operating system that's 8 years old?

windows can open software faster because all programs uses the same group os
basics libraries and all that is already on ram. Linux do not have that. But
everyone here already know that

--
http://id.liquuid.net