[arch-general] offlineimap went crazy

Patrick Brisbin pbrisbin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:51:59 EDT 2009

On 09/03/09 at 06:31pm, Jozsef wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Sep 2009, Patrick Brisbin wrote:
>
> > On 09/03/09 at 05:56pm, Jozsef wrote:
> > > Everything worked fine until I changed the .offlineimaprc to fetch
> > > mails from multiple accounts.
> >
> > > Here is my .offlineimaprc :
> > > http://pastie.org/private/mlskz0tkpf6jgytj9d5q
> >
> > I use offlineimap with multiple accounts and it's working fine here. my
> > offlineimaprc is a bit simpler than yours though[1], you're welcome to
> > take/adjust it and see if there are any improvements.
> >
> > Supporting mutt and msmtp configs are in the same directory.
> >
> > [1] http://pbrisbin.com:8080/dotfiles/offlineimaprc
> >
> > --
> > patrick brisbin
>
> Thanks for reply Patrick! But I can't open your link. Even last time
> you post your script for checking if offlineimap is running with cron.
> I was not able to open it :(

boo, i wonder why.

http://pastie.org/604452

> Now I'm trying with crontab but I can't see how it works except if I
> keep receiving emails in my inbox.

cron should log somewhere in /var/log that it's running the command you've
placed in crontab and whether it completes successfully or not, i use fcron so
i don't remember the details. You can also pass options to offlineimap to tell
it to keep a log of itself and where.

> And what was that script you have for checking if offlineimap is
> running? How can I use it? Where to place it and how to run it?

I've included it in the paste

good luck.

--
patrick brisbin