[arch-general] offlineimap went crazy

Jozsef jozefk at gmx.com
Thu Sep 3 11:17:04 EDT 2009

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009, Patrick Brisbin wrote:

> > Thanks for reply Patrick! But I can't open your link. Even last time
> > you post your script for checking if offlineimap is running with cron.
> > I was not able to open it :(
>
> boo, i wonder why.
>
> > Could you, please, post them all somewhere else?
>
> http://pastie.org/604452
>
> > Now I'm trying with crontab but I can't see how it works except if I
> > keep receiving emails in my inbox.
>
> cron should log somewhere in /var/log that it's running the command you've
> placed in crontab and whether it completes successfully or not, i use fcron so
> i don't remember the details. You can also pass options to offlineimap to tell
> it to keep a log of itself and where.
>
> > And what was that script you have for checking if offlineimap is
> > running? How can I use it? Where to place it and how to run it?
>
> I've included it in the paste
>
> good luck.
>
> --
> patrick brisbin

I see only your .offlineimaprc in pastie. Am I missing something or
you forgot to paste your script?
"(i even call my own script[1] to check if its already running first, but
the above way should work too).

[1] http://pbrisbin.com:8080/bin/mailrun"

--
Best,
Jozsef Kurucity  |  Web & Graphic Designer
+971 50 6783113  |  jozefk at gmx.com