[arch-general] btrfs supported on archlinux

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Sep 7 23:43:47 EDT 2009

Laszlo Papp wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm just interested in when will btrfs filesystem be supported in archlinux
> in the official repository and on livecd ?
> It's available now from AUR some related packages, the stable releases can
> be seen here:
> http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Stable_releases

That main page of that wiki says
(http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page)

Btrfs is under heavy development, and is not suitable for any uses other
than benchmarking and review. The Btrfs disk format is not yet
finalized, but it will only be changed if a critical bug is found and no
workarounds are possible.

I guess it will not appear until it is declared stable.

Allan