[arch-general] btrfs supported on archlinux

Laszlo Papp djszapi at archlinux.us
Tue Sep 8 00:16:01 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 5:43 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Laszlo Papp wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I'm just interested in when will btrfs filesystem be supported in
>> archlinux
>> in the official repository and on livecd ?
>> It's available now from AUR some related packages, the stable releases can
>> be seen here:
>> http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Stable_releases
>>

> That main page of that wiki says (
> http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page)
>
> Btrfs is under heavy development, and is not suitable for any uses other
> than benchmarking and review. The Btrfs disk format is not yet finalized,
> but it will only be changed if a critical bug is found and no workarounds
> are possible.
>
> I guess it will not appear until it is declared stable.
>
> Allan

Yeah, Allan!

You're right, I got this answer from #btrfs irc on freenode:
"I seem to remember there was talk of a 1.0 release in late 2009 / early
2010 but I wouldn't take my word for it".

Maybe the best situation with it now, if it takes place in AUR until it will
be really stable.

Thanks the feedback.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp