[arch-general] mounting a data dvd fails

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Mon Sep 14 10:33:20 EDT 2009

Am Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:00:59 +0200
schrieb JM <fijam at archlinux.us>:

> Hello,
>
> I cannot mount a data dvd.
>
> mount /dev/dvd /media/dvd
> mount: unknown filesystem type 'iso9660'

If you mount it with "mount -t iso9660 ..." then you should probably try
it without the -t option or with "-t auto".

Does this happen with only one or a few DVDs or with every DVD?

I. too, had this problem with only one of my DVDs. Reading it and
creating a new iso with dvdisaster helped. dvdisaster could read the
DVD without an error and the new iso could also be mounted without a
problem.

Heiko