[arch-general] mounting a data dvd fails

JM fijam at archlinux.us
Mon Sep 14 17:26:08 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Alessandro Doro <ordo.ad at gmail.com> wrote:
> And which package owns /lib/modules/2.6.30-ARCH/kernel/lib/zlib_inflate/zlib_inflate.ko?
>
> $ zgrep -i ZLIB_INFLATE /proc/config.gz
> CONFIG_ZLIB_INFLATE=y
>
> shows that ZLIB_INFLATE is not a module.
> Did you left something from a previous (custom) kernel build?
> A full depmod should be able to fix the problem.

Indeed, there seem to be some leftovers from a previous kernel build.
However, depmod -a did not fix the issue, modprobe still reports:
FATAL: Error inserting isofs
(/lib/modules/2.6.30-ARCH/kernel/fs/isofs/isofs.ko): Invalid module
format

How should I go about reverting /lib/modules to the default state?

Thanks for your support.
JM