[arch-general] VPS hosting with Arch

Evangelos Foutras foutrelis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 09:59:41 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Roman Kyrylych
<roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am looking for hosting that support Arch.
> Most probably this will be a VPS hosting (because of price),
> so official Arch Linux support is required.
>
> So far the list include:
>  http://www.slicehost.com/
>  http://vpslink.com/ (a subsidiary of http://www.spry.com/)
>  http://www.vpsville.com/arch-vps (also .co.uk and .co.ca)
>  http://www.linode.com/
>  http://lylix.net/
>  https://www.sevenl.net/ (they have donated a server for Arch,
>    and provide a dedicated hosting with Arch too)
>
> If there is someone who has experience with these providers
> - I would be very thankful for information.
>
> Also if someone knows about other providers that could join the list
> - let me know.
>
> --
> Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

I've been managing a client's Linode 360 (running Arch) for the past 8
months or so. I can honestly say that they provide an excellent, very
stable and packed with features [1], service. I've never had any
issues with their Arch template either and they also made an Arch
2009.02 template available for installation recently.

I've heard good things about Slicehost as well, but I don't have any
personal experience with them.

----
http://www.linode.com/features.cfm