[arch-general] Pacman problem. "error writing to file" "bad address"

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 15:19:23 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Nigel Henry
<cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

> Thanks for the link to the bug.
>
> Just after I posted the problem, I tried reverting to the earlier pacman
> package "pacman-3.3.0-3-i686.pkg.tar.gz" , which works with no problems. Then
> upgraded to pacman-3.3.1-1, where the problem returned.
>
> Currently I'm running the earlier version, and have temporarily added pacman
> to the IgnorePkg list.
>
> Thanks for your quick reply.

That is bad news. The bug I fixed should exist since pacman 3.3.0
(since we moved to libfetch).
It is quite strange that you cannot reproduce the problem with that.

Any chances you could try the patch I posted in the bug report ?

You will have to get pacman 3.3.1 PKGBUILD though abs, and edit the
PKGBUILD to apply that patch.