[arch-general] Netbook recommendations

James Rayner iphitus at iphitus.org
Tue Sep 29 18:57:41 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:16 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> So in the next few weeks, I would like to buy a netbook. The market is
> saturated, so I'd like to ask for some advice here.
>
> What do you guys think of the current offerings? What's considered
> "the best" now-a-days? What kinds of netbooks do Arch users have?

I think Asus are ending this model, so there might be some good sales,
but the 1000HE is pretty awesome.

Epic battery life (advertised 9.5, real usage ~7-8), surprisingly well
built, ok keyboard (not mushy). I'm pretty happy with mine. Only
downside is the glossy shell which attracts fingerprints, and the
touchpad click button is a little bit stiff, but softens up. Though
you dont use touchpad, so no big deal. Comes with a case.

If you're looking for a mouse to go with it, logitech have some
awesome laser mouse with this tiny little 'nano receiver' that you can
just leave plugged into the computer, as it only extends out about
3-4mm.

James