[arch-general] Netbook recommendations

Rafa Griman rafagriman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 04:29:31 EDT 2009

Hi :)

On Monday 28 September 2009 19:16:04 Aaron Griffin wrote:
> So in the next few weeks, I would like to buy a netbook. The market is
> saturated, so I'd like to ask for some advice here.
>
> What do you guys think of the current offerings? What's considered
> "the best" now-a-days? What kinds of netbooks do Arch users have?

Got myself an MSI Wind (Atom, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD) running Arch from second 1
I got it. Everything works great/flawlessly: wireless, wired, camera, mic,
audio, USB, SD, ... Fn keys also work great (no need to tweak anything).

No need to add repos or anything special to get the hardware up and running,
haven't compiled anything, plain old: pacman -S <whatever>

Best thing is that it _DOESN'T_ heat up AT ALL (sorry for shouting 0:) I also
tried out an Acer ONE with Arch and it heated up so bad you couldn't have it
on your lap for more than a couple of minutes >:|

BTW: running KDE 4.3 :)

Just MHO ;)

   Rafa

--
"We cannot treat computers as Humans. Computers need love."

rgriman at skype.com
rgriman at jabberes.org

Happily using KDE 4.3.1 :)